Tuscan meatball soup
Ingredients: 1kg chicken wing tips u 1kg chicken necks u ¼ cup olive oil u 1kg beef and veal sausages u 1 celery heart, chopped u 2 large carrots, chopped u ½ bunch parsley, leaves and stems separated, stems chopped u 1 bunch silverbeet, leaves shredded, stems chopped u 4 litres water u 2 onions, diced u 1 leek, trimmed, chopped u 4 cloves garlic, crushed u 1 cup risoni u Grated parmesan, to serve
* Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C. Divide chicken pieces between two oven trays. Toss with olive oil and season. Roast 25-30 mins until crisp and golden.
* Squeeze sausages from casings into a large bowl. Roll heaped tbsps into 20 balls and arrange on an oven tray. Chill.
* Transfer chicken to a stock pot, reserving strained fat, with celery, carrot, parsley stalks and silverbeet stems. Cover with water. Bring to the boil on high. Simmer on low, partially covered, 2 hours.
* In a frying pan, heat half reserved fat on medium. Cook meatballs in three batches, 3-4 mins each, turning. Drain on paper towel.
* Strain stock, discarding solids. In a saucepan, heat remaining chicken fat on medium. Saute onion, leek and garlic 4-5 mins, until tender.
* Stir in stock, risoni, shredded silverbeet and meatballs. Bring to boil.
* Reduce to low and simmer, covered, 10 mins until risoni is tender and meatballs are cooked through. Season to taste. Stir parsley through and serve sprinkled with parmesan