5 mins u Cook time: 10 mins u Bake time: 12 mins u Serves: 2
u ½ onion, cut into small cubes u 30 ml olive oil u ½ tomato u 10 g mixed veggies u 4 eggs u ½ tsp salt u ¼ tsp black pepper u Herbs, to garnish
* Sweat the onion with the olive oil on medium heat until soft.
* Add the tomato and mixed veggies. Cook for 2 minutes.
* Break the eggs into a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
* Add the vegetables and herbs. Mix until smooth.
* Transfer to a baking dish and bake in the oven at 180°C for 12 minutes.
* Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
NOTE: An 'egg-cellent' dish for Suhoor, the Egga is considered the Egyptian frittata - usually preferred as a breakfast meal. It consists of beaten eggs, tossed with vegetables in olive oil, and baked to perfection!