Fire guts 3 shops in Ctg
At least three shops of a shopping center were gutted early today in a fire at Lohagara upazila of the district at 2.30 am on Wednesday night.
Fire service sources said the fire originated from an electric short circuit from a medicine shop in the market around 2.30 am and quickly engulfed the surrounding shops.
On information, two units of fire fighters from Satkania and Lohagara upazila fire stations rushed to the spot and brought the flame under control around 4.30 am.
Valuables worth about Taka three lakh were gutted in the fire, fire service sources said. None was injured in the fire incident, the sources added.